With the national championship on last night, we started talking about how we were doing the exact same thing 3 years ago: Just hanging out at some friends’ house talking about maybe going to a hockey game that weekend, unless of course baby Blake decided to come early but ha ha, that wouldn’t happen. After all, I just went to the doctor 3 days ago. Nothing was happening. We have a c-section planned for this breech baby in 13 days on January 20. We have a plan. We have a schedule. Just how I like it. I should’ve known better…we’d already had some surprises along the way with this pregnancy, why should the birth be any different?
The next day, January 8, 2010, whaddya know? I go into labor and here comes Blake, 12 days before the c-section, 18 days before his due date. Completely unprepared with all the “stuff” (no car seat in the car, no bed ready at home, no packed hospital bag) but COMPLETELY ready to meet and hold our little guy (who I might add was 7 lbs 4 oz…I mean can you imagine if we’d gone another 12 days?!?!)
The past 3 years with Blake has been….I don’t know, there are no words. I love that little boy so much. So much that sometimes I just stare at him and study his little nose and big blue eyes and he looks at me and says, “What Mommy? What?” And I just squeeze him and tell him, “I just love you so much honey!” And that’s enough for him and he just goes about his day while I marvel at the amazing opportunity God has given me to be his mom. I cannot believe we no longer have a 2-year old. We’re so looking forward to celebrating at his birthday party this weekend and soaking up every day of the next year! Happy 3rd birthday Blake!
No comments:
Post a Comment