Got this note from Blake's teacher in his daily sheet from school today:
"Blake had an amazing day potty training wise. If you would like to start potty training here at school in underwear, we are ready when you are! I think now is a great time!"
Why does part of me just sink when I read this? Because we're being L-A-Z-Y. Our child sleeps all night, he knows (even if he doesn't always obey) the word no, we're in a good routine, life is good, and the thought of disrupting all that by throwing away the diapers does not sound appealing. Wow, what kind of parents are we? In our defense, it's not like we're not doing anything. He sits on the potty at home and does his thing and that's great. But IF something happens, the diaper is there. No diaper = potential mess for mommy/daddy to clean up. Another reason - being out and about with no access to a potty or worse(?) public restrooms. Even though I should be motivated by the money we'll save on diapers, I really have no problem paying for convenience. So if I bit the bullet and tried to get Blake to put on his new Lightning McQueen big boy underwear today to test it out and he wanted no part of it, who am I to rush him?
No comments:
Post a Comment