6/12/12

Ms. Drew


Since I went back to work when Blake was 3 months old, we have been so blessed to always have such wonderful caregivers.  First with Mrs. Rhonda, who was truly an answered prayer and cared for our baby as if he was her own, and now with Ms. Drew.  

Some people just have that special ability to really connect with children – on an emotional level where they just always know the right thing to do or say to make the children feel better, on a physical level where they really get down on the floor with the kids and play, on an intellectual level where they take every opportunity and turn it into a teaching moment, and on a friend level where the kids just want to hang out with them.  That is Ms. Drew.   More often than not, she has soft music playing and all the kids happily engaged in an activity when I pick Blake up, she picks him up every morning to wave bye to us when we drop him off, and she even offered me a hug when I started to lose it when Blake moved to her class.  


Thank you Ms. Drew for all you've done for Blake and for your incredibly sweet note that we look forward to sharing with Blake over the years:


"In the toddler room I always thought of Blake as confident, funny, and quick to learn. However, having him in my class these last few months has offered me a whole new perspective. While my previous judgements were accurate, they were lacking in magnitude. Blake wins over a room when he walks in. He is not just funny, but hilarious. He has had me doubled over laughing on more than one occasion. And he is not just quick, but that special kind of bright not found often. He is lucky to have such engaging and loving parents. I wish I could express the depth of my love for him, but this note just couldn’t contain it."



You are irreplaceable and will be deeply missed by all of us, but we wish you all the best in Ohio!


No comments:

Post a Comment