3/25/12

"Bunny tried to get me"

Uh-oh. Second weekend in a row that we've had an animal mishap. (This directly follows the "goat knocked me over" episode at the rodeo last weekend.) At a street food festival yesterday, Blake and I went into a mini petting zoo. All was going well with the first bunny:

But then Blake saw the larger bunny, chickens, and turtles that the other kids were holding and wanted to hold a different bunny. The lady put a bigger bunny on his lap, who promptly tried to nuzzle its way into Blake's stomach. Well Blake was having no part of that and immediately started poking the bunny and trying to push it off his lap. I was trying to strike a balance between having the bunny go flying on the floor and being on the next episode of "When Animals Attack" when the lady stepped in and took the bunny away. Blake was D-O-N-E. He wanted out of the petting zoo immediately.

Since we will shortly be entering Easter bunny territory and I don't want him to be deathly afraid of bunnies, I have been trying to convince him that the bunny was just trying to give him kisses but I don't think he's buying it. The last thing he said to me when I laid him down last night was, "Bunny tried to get me." There will be a little petting zoo at our neighborhood Easter egg hunt next weekend and I'm really hoping all goes well or we will need to take a little break from animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment