1/25/10

2 1/2 Weeks Old

Blake is already 2 1/2 weeks old! It's crazy to think that tomorrow is his actual due date and he's already been here for 2 1/2 weeks. I guess we're doing an okay job with him - no major incidents yet! Luckily we've had visits from myy mom and Randy's parents who helped take care of things around the house and also helped with Blake duty so I could fit in naps here and there. Bless them! I had always heard about a newborn's feeding schedule but to live it is completely different. He eats every 2-3 hours and it takes 45 minutes or so to feed him. So by the time he's changed and burped and we get him back to sleep at night, it's time to eat again! Who can tell me how long this lasts? Overall though, things are going pretty well so far and he's been a really good baby. I'm a little scared to put that on paper in case I jinx it but I have to give him credit. He doesn't cry that much and he likes to be held and cuddled. The only thing is that he falls asleep while eating which can be frustrating but if that's the worst of it for now then we'll take it. Other than that, there's not a whole lot to report. He pretty much sleeps and eats. We try to fit in tummy time as often as we can so he's pretty good at lifting his little head up. He's been more alert for longer periods of time and just sits and looks around. Here's one of his tummy time videos.

His umbilical cord finally fell off too so he'll be getting his first real bath soon. Like most babies, he hates to be naked so we'll see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment