10/7/09

24 Weeks!

I find it ironic that hormones cause women to be indecisive and forgetful at a time when you need to be decisive about daycares, strollers, car seats, cribs, nursery colors, etc. AND need to be remembering the stuff you're reading about feeding, sleeping, and what to do with this brand new life when you bring him home! I've always been indecisive but I can't even seem to make decisions about the smallest things lately. Randy and I spent an hour and a half at USA Baby while I migrated from chair to chair trying to figure out which one was the most comfortable, debating whether we needed a recliner, an ottoman, or neither, and trying to convince myself that I should choose the more comfortable one even though it didn't come in the fabric I really wanted (chocolate brown with white cording). Randy tried to be helpful but since I'll be spending the most time in it he wouldn't tell me which one to get. After about 80 minutes though, he told me we were leaving in 10 minutes. So of course I called my mom and she helped me make a decision. :) I went with the more comfortable one which doesn't recline and is a solid chocolate.

We also registered at Target and Babies R Us a couple of weeks ago but good luck finding our registry. I'm the 33rd Amanda Smith to register in Texas at BRU and the 31st at Target. At least you can narrow it down by the city at BRU. Luckily there's only a handful of Randy Smith's at both places though!

We had the big 24 week sonogram today which is a 25-30 minute anatomy sonogram to look at all the organs and make sure they're all measuring as they should and doing what they're supposed to do. Everything looked great and we counted 10 fingers and 10 toes! A couple of times they flipped the sonogram over to 3D mode so you can actually make out the face pics below. He weighs about 1.6 pounds now and is about 8.6 inches long. Right now he will continue to gain about 6 ounces a week. I on the other hand should be gaining about 1-1.5 pounds a week!


He has his left hand up to his face in this one. Looks like he's thinking about something. :)


This one's a little scarier. He's just getting to the point where he's starting to put on fat so he still looks a bit skeletal here:


I purposely chose a shirt that I could wear in all pictures from beginning to end, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to be able to wear this for another 16 weeks.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I wore a size XS shirt all the way to a size L shirt. It is so pitiful. Also, you NEED a rocker and an ottoman so spoil yourself!

    ReplyDelete