I went in to hear the baby's heartbeat last week but it was a slow day at the doctor so they offered to do a sonogram so I could see him. Of course I didn't pass that up. It was hard to get a good picture of him because he kept moving around but after a lot of pushing on him he finally looked right at us as if it say, "Okay here I am! Now leave me alone!" :) The picture didn't turn out as good as it looked on screen but if you're really good at looking at these things, maybe you can make it out. He is still facing my back for the most part. Sometimes I think maybe I feel him moving him around but I'm not sure if that's him or not so it's nice to get to see him just to know he's still okay in there.
We headed out for round 2 of crib shopping last weekend. I think we've narrowed it down to 2. The first trip was a little overwhelming for both of us but since then I've been reading this book called Baby Bargains. It's the best! It has a section for everything you'll need to buy and then within each section it tells you all the features and options, which ones you need and which ones you don't, all the brands, and then rates them based on safety, quality, and whether they're worth the price. I must say I was disappointed to read that Pottery Barn furniture got a C rating! The C rating was because it's not made of solid wood and because it should be given the price. Surprisingly, they don't have any I like anyways. We're looking for a white crib and most of theirs that I like are dark wood. Not to worry though, they still have good nursery decor and accessories to fill the room. :)
Here is a 19-week belly pic. I've gained 7 pounds so far. I'm okay sharing that right now but don't expect to see that number published once I hit double digits!

No comments:
Post a Comment