12/16/10

Late Pointer

So like any type A first-time mom, with each passing month I look at “the book” to see what Blake should be doing, what he’s probably doing and what he could possibly be doing. I go down the list, such the proud parent...playing peekabook-check, pulling up to standing-check, playing pattycake-check, cruising-check…..pointing to something to get needs met…hmm, Blake isn’t pointing to stuff. I start to worry..why isn’t he pointing at stuff? I make a mental note to start pointing at things in hopes that he’ll pick up on it. I think about it off and on for a few days and then mention to Randy while we’re en route to a Christmas party tonight, “The book says Blake should be pointing at things. He’s not pointing at things.” Randy pauses for a minute and then in typical Randy fashion says, “It’s okay, I was a late pointer too.” Okay, I get it. In the grand scheme of life, the fact that Blake isn’t pointing at things probably isn’t a big deal. Then I made a mental note to chill out a little bit. Thanks to my husband for balancing things out around here and keeping ME in check.

1 comment:

  1. That just means you all are meeting his every need and want...score one for you and Randy 'the special needs pointer.'

    ReplyDelete